heron-dev mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Hello heron community
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 01:17:23 GMT
Hello Folks,

I'm interested in taking and driving the following github component (this means design/development/architecture
and more).

https://github.com/twitter/heron/issues/668

[https://avatars1.githubusercontent.com/u/367684?v=4&s=400]<https://github.com/twitter/heron/issues/668>

Ability to write native scala topologies ยท Issue #668 ...<https://github.com/twitter/heron/issues/668>
github.com
heron - Heron is a realtime, distributed, fault-tolerant stream processing engine from Twitter

I've joined the heron slack channel as recommended and am ready to start by creating a master
JIRA issue to track this if not already done, I wanted some guidance from a committer or two
to help guide me a bit take care of at he administrative details and how to get this kicked
off the ground.  My background includes working on apache reef codebase as well as dabbling
in apache mahout and apache flume as well as storm and various nosql/graph databases.  Looking
forward to being part of the community.

The rough plan of action in my mind so you know:

1) Review heron architecture and codebase in detail

2) Create an umbrella JIRA with the first series of tasks

3) Come up with a design doc

4) Build the interfaces

5) Add more dev tasks to JIRA

6) Drive the implementation