heron-dev mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello heron community
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 22:03:05 GMT
The goal is to tie together spark streaming and heron, I could very easily see an architecture
where we build topologies in heron to apply business logic and pump them into time windows
with spark streaming where can apply machine learning algorithms inside these windows.

Detailed Example:

Stock Trading or gamin use case:

Heron is used to extract real time data from a gaming or trading client,

Heron will apply a set of business rules to cleanup this data to fit into a set of machine
learning models

We need to then figure out how to connect spark streaming to heron, in the case of spark streaming
it listens to some tcp or http endpoint so the objective would be to figure out the bridge
between the two worlds.

My point here is that if I am going through and building out a scala API it might make sense
to also build a connector to a tech stack entirely written using scala as a first class citizen.

Let me know your thoughts, we can also push this to phase 2 once the heron scala api is readily
available.