heron-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REPORT] Apache Heron (incubating) - October 2017
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 15:07:20 GMT
Hey guys, I think it would be worthwhile to provide some additional flavor
around the SGA/ICLA discussions in the report. The clear question from
outsiders will be "why is it taking so long" and "what other options have
been pursued". The report should do its best to address these issues.

A second thing that I think should be covered is how we're going to engage
the broader community. Looking at the dev lists, I see very little
engagement from either the active engineers or new engineers. If I wanted
to get started contributing to the project, I'd struggle if trying to
interact with the mailing list. There is a bit more life on the Slack
channel but in general, development seems pretty opaque (or inactive). How
do we improve that? Do others agree that there is a challenge? Maybe we
feel like this will get in better shape once things are transitioned over?
Do we need to come up with additional ways to make development
collaborative and the community expanding? A discussion of roadmap? Weekly
synopsis of slack channel activity? Other ideas? Not necessary yet?