heron-dev mailing list archives

From William Markito Oliveira <mark...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REPORT] Apache Heron (incubating) - October 2017
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 17:31:39 GMT
+1

As someone interested in the project and that offered to help mentoring
towards graduation from incubation, I can't see from this list any
discussions or decisions about on-going developments and tasks.

I've also noticed that the project does not have Wiki [1], Jira [2] and the
code repository [3] is empty.   As per the report, the code import is
on-going, but are there infra tickets open to request Wiki and Jira ?Status
on those ? That would be a good way to start publicly tracking what's
going-on, what's planned, etc..  Any plans to migrate the website [4] as
well ?

Happy to assist with some of the tasks as well.

[1] Wiki - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HERON
[2] JIRA - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/Heron/
[3] Code repository -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-heron.git
[4] Website - https://heron.incubator.apache.org/
-

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:52 AM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Can someone point me to the slack channel?
>
> I agree that it’s hard to get a handle on where things stand and how
> decisions are being made based on the mailing list traffic. I see the
> “heron-users” google group is still active, I don’t see any reason to delay
> closing that down in favor of the user@ mailing list.
>
> Right now I don’t see the level of collaboration I would hope for, but I
> might just be missing what’s going on in slack. Regardless, collaboration
> on slack should be secondary to the mailing lists, and all decision making
> should really be done via the mailing lists.
>
> -Taylor
>
> > On Oct 10, 2017, at 11:07 AM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hey guys, I think it would be worthwhile to provide some additional
> flavor
> > around the SGA/ICLA discussions in the report. The clear question from
> > outsiders will be "why is it taking so long" and "what other options have
> > been pursued". The report should do its best to address these issues.
> >
> > A second thing that I think should be covered is how we're going to
> engage
> > the broader community. Looking at the dev lists, I see very little
> > engagement from either the active engineers or new engineers. If I wanted
> > to get started contributing to the project, I'd struggle if trying to
> > interact with the mailing list. There is a bit more life on the Slack
> > channel but in general, development seems pretty opaque (or inactive).
> How
> > do we improve that? Do others agree that there is a challenge? Maybe we
> > feel like this will get in better shape once things are transitioned
> over?
> > Do we need to come up with additional ways to make development
> > collaborative and the community expanding? A discussion of roadmap?
> Weekly
> > synopsis of slack channel activity? Other ideas? Not necessary yet?
> >

> > On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Karthik Ramasamy <karthik@streaml.io>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Can we get a mentor to sign off?
> >>
> >> cheers