heron-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Jorgensen <and...@andrewjorgensen.com>
Subject Re: Interested in contributing for Heron
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 20:29:27 GMT
Hey Abhi,

Thank you for your interest in contributing to heron! Sorry the links on
the apache incubator site are not working. In the interim a great place to
start is heronstreaming.io which has a bunch of getting started
documentation for both topology developers and those looking to contribute
to heron directly. The current stack is a collection of Java, C++, and
python with some HTML/CSS/JS for the ui elements. The source code is hosted
on github (https://github.com/twitter/heron). You can take a look through
some of the open issues, I don't think we currently have a label for issues
that would be good for newcomers to tackle but if any of them jump out at
you please feel free to contribute back a fix or look through some of the
conversations on existing issues/pull requests.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

Best,
Andrew Jorgensen
@ajorgensen