heron-dev mailing list archives

From Jake Farrell <jfarr...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Heron (incubating) - August 2017
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2017 13:47:26 GMT
Hi everyone
We need to submit our first PMC/Board report by Wed August 16, 2017. We will
have to report monthly for our first three months and quarterly after that.
The
schedule is available on the Incubator status page.

For a top level Apache project this report is written by the Project
Management
Committee (PMC) chair and would be sent to the Apache Board. For an
incubating
project this report should be written by a Podling Project Management
Committee (PPMC) member and is reviewed by the mentors. Once there has been
review and any feedback addressed then the report is amended to the
Incubator
board report [1] and mentors sign-off on it.

Since this our first report I have provided a draft below for review

-Jake

[1]: https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2017

Heron draft report
---

Heron

Heron is a real-time, distributed, fault-tolerant stream processing engine

Heron has been incubating since 2017-06-23.

Three most important issues

- Finish bootstrapping project, IP clearance, initial website
- Expanding the community and adding new committers
- 1st ASF release

aware of?

- None at this time

- All initial committers have submitted ICLAs and the accounts have been
  created. The mailing lists have been setup and we have started using
  them for communication.

- We have setup the incubator status page and are working to get the code
  base ready for import to the ASF. An Infra ticket will be created to track
  this once we are ready.

Date of last release

- No releases as of yet. Working on code import.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

- N/A, still bootstrapping the project.