heron-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Graham <billgra...@gmail.com>
Subject Mentor question about third_party cpp binary deps
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 18:07:39 GMT
Hi,

In the incubator vote thread John mentioned the following:

- The contents of
> https://github.com/twitter/heron/tree/master/third_party seems
> to be mostly binary files, and you'll need to clean that up for your first
> release.

Jake mentioned the following:

This is similar to other projects using a local third_party cache directory
> that have come to the Apache Incubator, Cassandra, Mesos and Aurora are a
> couple that jump into mind. We will ensure that this is addressed and that
> no source release contains any of these files.

What do we need to do to address this? Do we have to remove them from the
repo and pull them at build time, or do we just need to check how we go
about including them in our distribution?

We'd like to start whatever cleanup is required before we move the code to
apache, so we can continue to cut releases while this is being tackled.

thanks,
Bill