helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Separating ZkClient into a separate module
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2020 01:58:14 GMT
I like the idea of removing the dependency on zkclient but have few
questions on the approach.

"This will allow for more modularity and remove deployment cadence
dependency among ZK-related classes and helix-core classes. Additionally,
those who wish to use Helix's ZK-related features without explicitly using
helix-core or Task Framework could do so by simply importing zookeeper-api
module."

- How can we achieve this? Are we planning to make release these modules
independent of each other.
- Users should use Curator if they want ZK related features (make it easy
to use ZK) Helix has a different goal (making it easy to build distributed
systems).

- Why not just pull the code into a separate package within helix-core as
the first step and think of moving it to a separate module at a later time.

Thanks
Kishore G