helix-user mailing list archives

From Shekhar Bansal <shekhar0...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HDFS read load distribution using helix
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2017 16:14:12 GMT
Thanks a lot Kishor.I think I can treat HDFS directory as resource and mode of filename's hash
as tasks, is there any better way of doing it in Helix?
ThanksShekhar

    On Monday, June 19, 2017 8:15 PM, kishore g <g.kishore@gmail.com> wrote:

   - Currently, Helix ensures even distribution of partitions within a resource, not across
resources. Is it possible for you to add tasks as part of the same resource?
   -  &3 Yes, you can start the controller as part of your process. But since you said
you launch this on Kubernetes every 5 minutes, I suggest keeping controller and zookeeper
running all the time. Controllers are light weight and you can get away with a very an entry
level container spec. It's ok to launch Helix Participants every 5 minutes.
You should consider using Helix Task Framework. It provides all the functionalities you need.