helix-user mailing list archives

From Tejeswar Das <tejes...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Dynamically increase the number of locks in Distributed Lock Manager
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 23:29:04 GMT
Hi,

I am using Helix’s Distributed Lock Manager recipe in my project, and each Lock represents
a shard or partition. It has been working pretty well. I am able to run my service as a cluster
of multiple  instances, and I see the shards getting evenly distributed, when a new service
instance joins the cluster, or leaves cluster, etc.

I have a use-case whereby I want to increase the number of shards in the cluster.

Which means, I would like to be able to dynamically increase the number of locks that the
Lock Manager is managing. Does the Lock Manager provide such capability?

Please let me know.

Thanks and regards
Tej