helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Helix balance many small resources on a large cluster?
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2016 00:52:27 GMT
Hi Michael,

What you are seeing is right. Helix as of now does not consider balancing
across resources. This is something we would love to have but never got to
it.

One workaround is the set max partitions per node constraint. For example,
if you set max partitions=1 then each node should have only one task. But
this has the drawback that if 1 node fails, it won't assign that task to
any of the remaining nodes unless you remove the constraint after the tasks
are evenly distributed.

thanks,
Kishore G