helix-user mailing list archives

From Neutron sharc <neutronsh...@gmail.com>
Subject how to monitor partition state change
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 17:45:46 GMT
Hi Helix team,

I'm testing helix in our environment.  I have an example resource with
4 partitions, each partition has 1 master 2 slaves replicas.  When a
replica state changes (for example, a master demotes to slave, a slave
promotes to master),  my application shall react by updating the
routing logic.  How to get notifications when the state of a partition
changes?

I tried the code snippet from SPECTATOR example
(http://helix.apache.org/0.6.5-docs/tutorial_spectator.html).  That
sample only monitors external view change.  I ran the helix
"quickstart" example to create many state transitions in a test
cluster, so I believe the external view changes multiple times.
However the spectator callback is triggered only once on the external
view change.

Any comments appreciated.

-neutron