helix-user mailing list archives

From ShaoFeng Shi <shaofeng...@apache.org>
Subject Get error "NoNode for /CONFIGS/CONSTRAINT" when start cluster controller
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:39:47 GMT
Hello,

This is Shaofeng Shi from Apache Kylin community; We're trying to use Helix
as the cluster mangement framework for Kylin; But now I encounter an error
when starting the controller;

In our case, we have a job engine node, which need be unique in the
cluster, so we choose to use the LeaderStandby model (only the Leader will
run it); Besides, we only allow some nodes can run the job engine, so we
select to use SEMI_AUTO as the rebalance model.

The code is much simple: register the state model, add resource, add
instance, and register state model factory and connect; After that, when
try to run HelixControllerMain.startHelixController(), it throws an error
(here "kylin_metadata" is the cluster name):

org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception.ZkNoNodeException:
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode =
NoNode for /kylin_metadata/CONFIGS/CONSTRAINT
at org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception.ZkException.create(ZkException.java:47)
at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.retryUntilConnected(ZkClient.java:893)
at org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkClient.getChildren(ZkClient.java:212)
at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.getChildren(ZkClient.java:601)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkCallbackHandler.subscribeForChanges(ZkCallbackHandler.java:304)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkCallbackHandler.invoke(ZkCallbackHandler.java:174)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkCallbackHandler.init(ZkCallbackHandler.java:336)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkCallbackHandler.<init>(ZkCallbackHandler.java:130)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkHelixConnection.addListener(ZkHelixConnection.java:533)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkHelixConnection.addConfigChangeListener(ZkHelixConnection.java:342)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkHelixController.addListenersToController(ZkHelixController.java:231)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkHelixLeaderElection.onControllerChange(ZkHelixLeaderElection.java:91)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkCallbackHandler.invoke(ZkCallbackHandler.java:220)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkCallbackHandler.init(ZkCallbackHandler.java:336)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkCallbackHandler.<init>(ZkCallbackHandler.java:130)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkHelixConnection.addListener(ZkHelixConnection.java:533)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkHelixConnection.addControllerListener(ZkHelixConnection.java:257)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkHelixController.init(ZkHelixController.java:137)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkHelixController.onConnected(ZkHelixController.java:149)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkHelixController.start(ZkHelixController.java:100)
at
org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZKHelixManager.connect(ZKHelixManager.java:133)
at
org.apache.helix.controller.HelixControllerMain.startHelixController(HelixControllerMain.java:162)

Seems it didn't find some node there; but I don't know how to solve or
bypass that. If needed, I can provide the complete code.

If someone can help or advise how to use in this scenario, that would be
appreciated!

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi