helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any way to force controller to re-elect leader
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 19:55:10 GMT
What is the mode in which controller is deployed?

Standalone or Distributed.

Standalone is the mode where we run 3 controllers independently and one of
them becomes the leader and starts managing.

In Distributed, the controllers are participant of another super cluster
and cluster to manage will become a resource in the super cluster. This
mode is useful when there are too many clusters and we dont need to bring
up controllers for each cluster.

What you want can be achieved easily with distributed mode. You can
enable/disable controllers since they come participants of super cluster.

I cant think of a straight forward way to achieve that in standalone mode.

Another option is to convert controllers from standalone to distributed.
This can be done without causing any interruption to running servers.