helix-user mailing list archives

From "hahn.jiang.pro"<hahn.jiang....@gmail.com>
Subject Question about helix state transition
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 05:17:23 GMT
hi,
 I deploy a cluster with helix. When I start a instance, helix will change EXTERNALVIEW before
my service complete the transition function. is that right? I think helix can change EXTERNALVIEW
after my service complete transition function successfully. how can I configure my helix.

 Next, I have a question about helix source code. I found helix just update IDEALSTATES when
I call rebalance function. Then helix send a message and this message tell the cluster changes
EXTERNALVIEW state to IDEALSTATES. Some time my cluster’s EXTERNALVIEW and IDEALSTATES are
not same. Does helix can know this difference and do something.

Thanks