helix-user mailing list archives

From Hang Qi <hangq.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about HelixPropertyStore
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 17:06:43 GMT
Hi All,

We are using HelixPropertyStore in helix 0.6.4. The doc says "Helix
supports caching the data with a write-through cache", so if I have two
nodes A and B, if A made changes on some property in PropertyStore after B,
will B get latest one?  In our test, we kind of observe that B will still
use its cached version, is that expected, do we have a way to get latest
version on B?

Besides, we notice following log, looks like we need to specify paths for
watchers, but we do not find a way how to do that in HelixPropertyStore.

WARN  org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZkCacheBaseDataAccessor  - ZkCachePaths
is null or empty. Will not start ZkCacheEventThread

Moreover, do we support concurrent set on HelixPropertyStore? Just saw
following description on AutoFallbackPropertyStore: "Property store that
does auto fallback to an old location. Assuming no concurrent updates"

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Hang Qi