helix-user mailing list archives

From Tong Wei <tongwei199...@gmail.com>
Subject Change current state of replicas
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:42:07 GMT
Hi Kishore,
In our case, each node has multiple disks. We need to maintain a topology of the cluster (nodes,
disks in a node, replica to disk mapping). Now, when a disk of a node goes down (detected
by a thread in participant), I change the current state of replicas on that disk from ONLINE
to OFFLINE, and then update the topology(delete disk) in the onExternViewChangeEvent().
Another questions is that how to manually update the ideal state when those replicas/disks
are unavailable.
Thanks,
Tong
Hi Tong,

Were the replicas on a participant deleted manually?. Generally deletion of
replicas are controlled through changes in ideal state. Deleting
replica->server mapping in idealstate will trigger state transitions such
as online-> offline and then offline->dropped.

Can you provide additional info on how you got into this state.

thanks,
Kishore G