helix-user mailing list archives

From Hang Qi <hangq.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Dryrun mode or staging mode for updating idealState
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 23:16:57 GMT
Hi,

We are using the SEMI_AUTO mode as we want to control where to place the
partitions. And we change the ideal state when we need to perform some
operations, like moving partitions or increasing partitions.

So my question is that could we have a dryrun mode or staging mode for
updating ideal state, which only shows corresponding state transitions
without actually executing them? The reason I am asking for it is that once
the ideal state has been updated and the controller has been sent out the
transition messages, it is hard to stop them/revoke them.

What do you think?

Thanks
Hang Qi