helix-user mailing list archives

From Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com>
Subject Bug in offlining of Bucketized resources
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 18:32:34 GMT
Hi folks,

I am seeing a bug with how ideal state is set for Bucketized resources. I
have a state model factory with default state of OFFLINE and a transition
from OFFLINE->DROPPED. To offline a resource, I simply create an ideal
state with no partition assignments and that has worked for me in the past.

However, for bucketized resources, it seems that this approach is not
working. Meaning that when I do a set on the setResourceIdealState - the
ideal state is not updating to the expected value. Is there any other way
to gracefully offline a bucketized resource ?

Thanks
Varun