helix-user mailing list archives

From Gavin Li <lyo.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject question about state transition
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 08:24:02 GMT
Hi,

We have each server handle some partitions, and we use Master Slave model.

We need to do some work when transit from offline to slave, sometimes it
takes long time. So when the server ranked higher in ideal state is up and
doing the work during the transition of offline to slave, the other server
is changed to slave from master.

This is causing some period of time that there's no master at all which is
problematic. Is it possible to bring the other server down when the higher
rank server is transiting from slave to master instead of when transition
from offline to slave?

THanks,
Gavin Li