helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Built in support for storing some partition metadata
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 21:57:11 GMT
Databus consumer group maintains the offsets in property store.

It provides a key value interface.

http://helix.apache.org/javadocs/0.6.4/reference/org/apache/helix/store/package-summary.html

See HelixPropertyStore api,
http://helix.apache.org/javadocs/0.6.4/reference/org/apache/helix/store/HelixPropertyStore.html

The base class for this is
http://helix.apache.org/javadocs/0.6.4/reference/org/apache/helix/BaseDataAccessor.html

Entire Helix library uses this api underneath and property store is a place
where application can store additional information, subscribe to the
changes (recursively). When you subscribe(optional) to changes all values
are cached locally and updated on change.

We really need a usage doc for property store api.

thanks,
Kishore G