helix-user mailing list archives

From "vlad.gm@gmail.com" <vlad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about state transition
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 16:09:14 GMT
We had the same issue. We created a state model like this:
Offline -> Bootstrap -> Slave -> Master

The heavy lifting is done in offline to bootstrap.

The model has a constraint of one simultaneous transition per partition and
we prioritize the transitions as follows:
Slave to master
Bootstrap to slave
Offline to bootstrap
All others

There is at most one master and one slave.

This will make the controller try to bring the higher ranked server all the
way to slave before issuing the command for the lower ranked server to go
to slave and then making the higher ranked server go to master. I  not sure
how to bridge the small gap without master, while keeping the single master
target.

Probably you could do without the bootstrap phase and do the heavy work in
offline to slave, while keeping the other constraints

Regards,
Vlad