helix-user mailing list archives

From Zhen Zhang <zzh...@linkedin.com>
Subject RE: Bug in offlining of Bucketized resources
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 18:37:37 GMT
Hi Varun,

Thanks for pointing the bug. I will check it. Meanwhile, you can try disable the resource
to bring all partitions to OFFLINE like this:
helix-admin.sh --zkSvr localhost:2181 --enableResource clusterName resourceName false
Note that this will put all partitions to OFFLINE, but not drop them. If you want to drop
them, simply delete the ideal-state will do.

Thanks,
Jason

________________________________
From: Varun Sharma [varun@pinterest.com]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 10:32 AM
To: user@helix.apache.org
Subject: Bug in offlining of Bucketized resources

Hi folks,

I am seeing a bug with how ideal state is set for Bucketized resources. I have a state model
factory with default state of OFFLINE and a transition from OFFLINE->DROPPED. To offline
a resource, I simply create an ideal state with no partition assignments and that has worked
for me in the past.

However, for bucketized resources, it seems that this approach is not working. Meaning that
when I do a set on the setResourceIdealState - the ideal state is not updating to the expected
value. Is there any other way to gracefully offline a bucketized resource ?

Thanks
Varun