helix-user mailing list archives

From Zhen Zhang <zzh...@linkedin.com>
Subject RE: RoutingTableProvider dropping callbacks
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 18:50:30 GMT
Hi Varun,

This should not be a problem. When we register a callback, we are expecting a call back type
of INIT first, followed by a sequence of CALLBACK types, and when you unregister the callback,
you will received a FINALIZED type. Since unregister is an async operation, when you receive
a FINALIZED type, you might still see a couple of CALLBACK type callbacks, which are simply
ignored. The log is basically telling you that.

Thanks,
Jason
________________________________
From: Varun Sharma [varun@pinterest.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2015 10:44 AM
To: user@helix.apache.org
Subject: RoutingTableProvider dropping callbacks

Hi,

It seems that the RoutingTableProvider is dropping callbacks in our case. Here is a log:

[ZkClient-EventThread-17-terrapinzk001a:2181] (CallbackHandler.java:130) WARN  Skip processing
callbacks for listener: com.pinterest.terrapin.controller.TerrapinRoutingTableProvider@7e7f8062,
path: /main_a/EXTERNALVIEW, expected types: [INIT] but was CALLBACK

We have a custom RoutingTableProvider to catch callbacks and do some processing - this is
causing a lot of issues for us. What  could be causing this ?

Thanks
Varun