helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing the number of partitions in a resource
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 01:41:34 GMT
Hi Vinoth,

The number of partitions can be changed dynamically. The changes required
from your side depends on idealstate mode.

FULL_AUTO
-- Simply change the number of partitions. Helix should assign the new
partition to one of the nodes automatically. Lets say you have 10
partitions, if you change the number of partitions to 15. Partitions 11 to
15 will be distributed among the nodes.

-- SEMI_AUTO
-- In this case, you have to first change the number of partitions and
invoke the rebalance command. This will rebalance the partitions. There
should be an option to use the existing assignment so that shuffling of
partitions is minimized.

-- CUSTOM
-- Change the ideal state either manually or dynamically using user defined
rebalancer

Hope that helps
thanks,
Kishore G