helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modeling a pipeline in Helix
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 07:00:16 GMT
Thanks for the info. That definitely helps.

It would be better to model each stage as a resource and you can have
multiple partitions for each stage. To scale each stage you can simply
increase the number of partitions ( note you mentioned the same in your
initial email but called them replicas). Each item can go to any of the
partition since its stateless.

GPU affinity for stages.

This can be achieved by tagging the instances and stage resources. For
example if node1,node2, node3 have GPU you can tag them as GPU and when you
create a stage - StageToBeRunOnGPU you can specify the tags that it can be
assigned to and Helix will distribute them only among the instances with
that tag.

Also note that each node can have more than one tag.

If you use the tagging feature, the AUTO rebalancer mode should be good
enough for your use case. If you need some custom placement strategy, you
can always fall back to custom mode or write your own rebalancer.

Hope that helps.

thanks,
Kishore G