helix-user mailing list archives

From Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com>
Subject SPECTATOR role not returning instances
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:22:23 GMT
I am trying to get the instance list for a resource and its returning me an
empty list of instances for the resource. When I look at the external view,
the partition is online on 3 different hosts.

,"72":{

      "hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-5b1b2671":"ONLINE"

      ,"hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-911c21bb":"ONLINE"

      ,"hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-fc1d20d6":"ONLINE"

    }

I am using helix 0.6.3 - my resource names contain '$' sign - I have
verified this to be not a problem for PARTICIPANT and CONTROLLER roles.
What might be the reason behind this ? Here is my code:

Set<InstanceConfig> instances =
this.routingTableProvider.getInstances("$terrapin$data$meta_user_join$1411083231",
"72");

System.out.println("Instances : " + instances.size());

I followed the online documentation on how to connect as a spectator here:

http://helix.apache.org/0.6.3-docs/tutorial_spectator.html

Thanks

Varun