helix-user mailing list archives

From Zhen Zhang <zzh...@linkedin.com>
Subject RE: Dropping resources does not clean up EXTERNALVIEW
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:52:56 GMT
Hi Varun,

This bug should be fixed in 0.6.3. TestDrop#testBasic is a basic test case for this and it's
passing in 0.6.3. Could you please provide more details about your case, like what ideal state
mode you are using and how you drop the resource.

Thanks,
Zhen

________________________________
From: Varun Sharma [varun@pinterest.com]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 1:15 PM
To: user@helix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dropping resources does not clean up EXTERNALVIEW

I am using helix 0.6.3 - does that have this bug ?

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Zhen Zhang <zzhang@linkedin.com<mailto:zzhang@linkedin.com>>
wrote:
Hi Varun, which version are you using? We fixed this problem both in trunk and 0.6.x branch:

0.6.x:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=helix.git;a=commit;h=f3b2c4f66acc700467cf99c7b28be1e494d724d7

trunk:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=helix.git;a=commit;h=b470ababa8727fc5534bc8dc00b3f4a3cd9076e8

Thanks,
Zhen

From: Varun Sharma <varun@pinterest.com<mailto:varun@pinterest.com>>
Date: Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:31 PM
To: "user@helix.apache.org<mailto:user@helix.apache.org>" <user@helix.apache.org<mailto:user@helix.apache.org>>

I have been dropping resources. However, it seems that the EXTERNALVIEW folder is not cleaning
up. Lots of empty resources are accumulating over there. The znode contains empty "listFields"
and "mapFields".

How do I ensure that EXTERNALVIEW is also cleaned up when a resource is dropped.

Thanks
Varun