helix-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com>
Subject Re: Error on participant while joining cluster
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:54:10 GMT
Another issue I have now is that I ended up registering the participants as
<host>:<port> - this causes exceptions related to MBeann (because it does
not like colon separators). I dont know if that is interfering with normal
controller operation. I restarted the instances replacing the : with a ,
but those old names are still stuck in INSTANCES znode. How can I get rid
of these - helix-admin seems to be replacing the ":" in the node name with
an underscore "_" and can't delete the node.

This is still causing MBean related exceptions in the log trace.

Varun


On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Zhen Zhang <zzhang@linkedin.com> wrote:

>  sure. Will add it.
>
>   From: kishore g <g.kishore@gmail.com>
> Reply-To: "user@helix.apache.org" <user@helix.apache.org>
> Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:14 PM
> To: "user@helix.apache.org" <user@helix.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Error on participant while joining cluster
>
>   Thanks Jason. We need to add this to the documentation. I could not
> find the way to enable auto-join from the docs. Should we add this to admin
> interface documentation?
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Zhen Zhang <zzhang@linkedin.com> wrote:
>
>>  Hi Varun, you need to either add the participant to the cluster before
>> start it, or enable participant auto-join config:
>>
>>  add participant to cluster:
>>  ./helix-admin.sh --zkSvr <ZookeeperServerAddress, e.g. localhost:2181>
>> --addNode <clusterName, e.g. terrapin> <instanceId, e.g.
>> hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679_9090>
>>
>>  or, enable auto-join config:
>> ./helix-admin.sh --zkSvr <ZookeeperServerAddress> --setConfig CLUSTER
>> <clusterName> allowParticipantAutoJoin=true
>>
>>  Thanks,
>> Jason
>>
>>
>>   From: Varun Sharma <varun@pinterest.com>
>> Reply-To: "user@helix.apache.org" <user@helix.apache.org>
>> Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:47 AM
>> To: "user@helix.apache.org" <user@helix.apache.org>
>> Subject: Error on participant while joining cluster
>>
>>   I am getting the following error while trying to join a cluster as a
>> participant. THe cluster is setup and a controller has already connected to
>> it. Can someone help out as to why this is happening ?
>>
>>
>>  2014-08-19 18:41:36,843 [main] (ZKHelixManager.java:727) INFO  Handling
>> new session, session id: 147a7beb2dd63f4, instance:
>> hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679:9090, instanceTye: PARTICIPANT, cluster:
>> terrapin, zkconnection: State:CONNECTED Timeout:30000
>> sessionid:0x147a7beb2dd63f4 local:/10.65.145.80:43854
>> remoteserver:terrapinzk001a/10.115.59.31:2181 lastZxid:0 xid:1 sent:1
>> recv:1 queuedpkts:0 pendingresp:0 queuedevents:0
>>
>> 2014-08-19 18:41:36,843 [main] (ParticipantHealthReportTask.java:67)
>> WARN  ParticipantHealthReportTimerTask already stopped
>>
>> 2014-08-19 18:41:36,914 [main] (ParticipantManagerHelper.java:101) INFO
>> instance: hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679:9090 auto-joining terrapin is
>> false
>>
>> *2014-08-19 18:41:36,917 [main] (ZKUtil.java:95) INFO  Invalid instance
>> setup, missing znode path:
>> /terrapin/CONFIGS/PARTICIPANT/hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679:9090*
>>
>> *2014-08-19 18:41:36,918 [main] (ZKUtil.java:95) INFO  Invalid instance
>> setup, missing znode path:
>> /terrapin/INSTANCES/hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679:9090/MESSAGES*
>>
>> *2014-08-19 18:41:36,918 [main] (ZKUtil.java:95) INFO  Invalid instance
>> setup, missing znode path:
>> /terrapin/INSTANCES/hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679:9090/CURRENTSTATES*
>>
>> *2014-08-19 18:41:36,919 [main] (ZKUtil.java:95) INFO  Invalid instance
>> setup, missing znode path:
>> /terrapin/INSTANCES/hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679:9090/STATUSUPDATES*
>>
>> *2014-08-19 18:41:36,920 [main] (ZKUtil.java:95) INFO  Invalid instance
>> setup, missing znode path:
>> /terrapin/INSTANCES/hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679:9090/ERRORS*
>>
>> *2014-08-19 18:41:36,920 [main] (ZKHelixManager.java:496) ERROR fail to
>> createClient.*
>>
>> *org.apache.helix.HelixException: Initial cluster structure is not set up
>> for instance: hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679:9090, instanceType:
>> PARTICIPANT*
>>
>> at
>> org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ParticipantManagerHelper.joinCluster(ParticipantManagerHelper.java:108)
>>
>> at
>> org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZKHelixManager.handleNewSessionAsParticipant(ZKHelixManager.java:869)
>>
>> at
>> org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZKHelixManager.handleNewSession(ZKHelixManager.java:838)
>>
>> at
>> org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZKHelixManager.createClient(ZKHelixManager.java:493)
>>
>> at
>> org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZKHelixManager.connect(ZKHelixManager.java:519)
>>
>> at
>> com.pinterest.terrapin.server.TerrapinServerHandler.start(TerrapinServerHandler.java:84)
>>
>> at
>> com.pinterest.terrapin.server.TerrapinServerMain.main(TerrapinServerMain.java:31)
>>
>> 2014-08-19 18:41:36,921 [main] (ZKHelixManager.java:522) ERROR fail to
>> connect hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679:9090
>>
>> org.apache.helix.HelixException: Initial cluster structure is not set up
>> for instance: hdfsterrapin-a-datanode-531b2679:9090, instanceType:
>> PARTICIPANT
>>
>> at
>> org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ParticipantManagerHelper.joinCluster(ParticipantManagerHelper.java:108)
>>
>> at
>> org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZKHelixManager.handleNewSessionAsParticipant(ZKHelixManager.java:869)
>>
>> at
>> org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZKHelixManager.handleNewSession(ZKHelixManager.java:838)
>>
>> at
>> org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZKHelixManager.createClient(ZKHelixManager.java:493)
>>
>> at
>> org.apache.helix.manager.zk.ZKHelixManager.connect(ZKHelixManager.java:519)
>>
>> at
>> com.pinterest.terrapin.server.TerrapinServerHandler.start(TerrapinServerHandler.java:84)
>>
>> at
>> com.pinterest.terrapin.server.TerrapinServerMain.main(TerrapinServerMain.java:31)
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message