helix-user mailing list archives

From Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com>
Subject Re: Questions about custom helix rebalancer/controller/agent
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 00:41:38 GMT
The reason I want to do it this way, is because for my case, the source of
truth is not Helix but rather another distributed system. That system
dictates the ideal state - so we are essentially getting a snapshot of the
ideal state in accordance with that distributed system and having helix try
to converge its participants to it.

So, we don't want Helix to do any of the rebalancing, rather just follow
whatever ideal state we ask it to achieve every X minutes.