helix-user mailing list archives

From Larry White <lwh...@tracelink.com>
Subject Re: Does helix work with PostgreSQL?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 00:26:34 GMT
Thanks Kanak and Kishore,

We would like to do something quite similar to Espresso, but with Postgres
as the database in each persistence node. I haven't decided yet on a
replication strategy, but it sounds like we would need to write the drivers
for PostgreSQL, using the MySQL drivers as a prototype. Helix would then be
able to manage elasticity, rebalancing and so on.

We're quite early in our design process and I was mainly looking to 'prune
the search tree' if Helix had some incompatibility with Postgres.  For what
it's worth, we would likely be using RDS to build our Postgres farm, which
may have it's own issues and concerns.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

--
*Larry White |  TraceLink Inc. | Principal Software Architect*
200 Quannapowitt Parkway  |  Wakefield, MA 01880

*Protect patients, enable health, grow profits, ensure compliance*