helix-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brandt <brandt.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re-define: What is Helix
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:12:14 GMT
>From talking w/ Kishore earlier, think the key thing to convey to users is
the level of control they get. "Cluster manager/management" seems like
something relatively out of the user's control, like some external service
that contains their services. But "framework" or "toolkit" conveys more
control, like the user is building a system such as a cluster manager (in
the YARN / Mesos sense), which is probably more in-line with what Helix
actually is.

-Greg