helix-user mailing list archives

From Kanak Biscuitwala <kana...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: JMX metrics
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 21:39:42 GMT
We don't currently provide state-specific JMX metrics, with the exception of the ERROR state
(that is ErrorPartitionGauge, and the total number of partitions is PartitionGauge). There's
also a DifferenceWithIdealState gauge, but, looking at the code, that seems to only be correct
for CUSTOMIZED rebalance mode.
If we fix DifferenceWithIdealState to work with any rebalance mode, it will provide exactly
what Hang needs.
Kanak
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 10:57:23 -0700
Subject: JMX metrics
From: g.kishore@gmail.com
To: user@helix.apache.org; dev@helix.apache.org

Hi,

Saw this question on IRC,

Hi, this is Hang. Just trying apache helix, it works as expectedly. And I have a question,
how do I monitor how many partitions are in each state, e.g., say we are using OnlineOffline
state model, how do I monitor how many partitions are in Online state, and how many partitions
are in Offline state. I know we can listResourceInfo of a cluster via helix-admin, is there
any JMX metrics for it?

9:42 the version we are using is 0.6.3

We do have JMX beans, do we support this ?

thanks,
Kishore G