helix-user mailing list archives

From Zhen Zhang <zzh...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: Helix 0.6.2- Messages on startup
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 19:51:44 GMT
For checking external-view, you can use zoo inspector:
http://helix.apache.org/0.7.0-incubating-docs/Quickstart.html

The zookeeper path is for the external view is
/{clusterName}/{externalView}/{resourceName}

If you want do it programmatically, you can use spectator:
http://helix.apache.org/0.7.0-incubating-docs/tutorial_spectator.html

The time for a node to transit to its target state depends on how long the
state transition takes.

In normal case, if the external-view matches the ideal-state, it indicates
the cluster converges.

Thanks,
Jason