helix-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Nayak <osgig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Helix 0.6.2: Resetting or removing a resource
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 07:17:26 GMT
The dropResource works I imagine but adding the resource back
immediately does not. I will try and play with delays to see if the
cleanup works, currently I catch HelixException and ignore it.

Thinking out aloud, I imagine a call to drop should return after some
internal state tracks that the resource is removed and maybe queues a
task for background propagation/removal across nodes. I imagine the
task should fall on a queue/executor, a subsequent task would be for
resource add. But both calls to remove and add should return as soon
as the internal state is tracked to mark the state correctly.
Eventually I imagine the remove task will execute on the background
and upon acks from all other participants move on to the next task
i.e. the tasks execute sequentially.

Apologies on the above blurb, just sharing my thoughts I am sure you
guys are well aware of what I am talking of.

On a separate note maybe this API also needs to be marked on a ticket
to throw a proper exception.

Thanks,

Sandeep