helix-user mailing list archives

From Kanak Biscuitwala <kana...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Helix 0.6.2: InstanceConfigChangeListener not implemented by GenericHelixController
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2014 05:30:31 GMT
Hi Sandeep,

GenericHelixController implements ConfigChangeListener instead of InstanceConfigChangeListener
mostly for backwards compatibility reasons. Both listeners listen on the same path, so changing
an instance config will still trigger the controller pipeline. Thus, you don't need to extend
the controller just so that it implements this one interface.

May I know why the default controller implementation might fall short in your system?

Kanak

Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 21:23:42 -0800
Subject: Helix 0.6.2: InstanceConfigChangeListener not implemented by GenericHelixController
From: osgigeek@gmail.com
To: user@helix.apache.org

Hi all,

I am trying to get a prototype going with Helix 0.6.2 and noticed that the HelixManager instance
can take instances of Change Listeners. One of the new change listeners is InstanceConfigChangeListener.
As per the documentation I can create an instance of the GenericHelixController and register
it as a listener for pretty much all other listeners but not InstanceConfigChangeListener.

InstanceConfigChangeListener replaces ConfigChangeListener which was implemented by the GenericHelixController
but it does not implement the InstanceConfigChangeListener. Is this by design?

I do plan to eventually look at whether I need to add my own implementation or extension to
the GenericHelixController but for now want to get a quick prototype working, so is there
a default implementation for the InstanceConfigChangeListener I can use?

Thanks,

Sandeep