helix-user mailing list archives

From Kanak Biscuitwala <kana...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Helix 0.6.2- Messages on startup
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 21:07:14 GMT
Are you talking about the controller or the participants (instances)? If you would like to
see if the controller is running, check under /clusterName/CONTROLLER to see if there is a
ZNode called LEADER.

For participants, nothing will be assigned until resources are defined. Ideal states and external
views are created and used on a per-resource level. Helix can manage multiple distributed
resources at once, so you need to add a resource to define things like the state model it
follows, the assignment policy (rebalance mode), and number of partitions and replicas. This
step generates the ideal state for the resource. The quickstart and tutorial detail these
steps.

Kanak