helix-user mailing list archives

From Kanak Biscuitwala <kana...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Helix 0.6.2- Messages on startup
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 07:20:11 GMT
Hi Sandeep,

Does Helix still generate an external view correctly despite these log messages?

I believe the first message is a known issue: the callbacks are initialized once by the HelixManager
implementation, and then initialized again when the controller becomes leader (for the first
controller, these will happen very close to one another). It's generally a harmless message.

The second one indicates that the controller is getting events (which path was changed to
trigger the event?), but hasn't yet become leader. When it does, it will invoke the pipeline
and do the right thing.

I think in either case, a race is causing the log messages to appear, but it shouldn't affect
the correctness of the Helix controller operation.

Kanak

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 23:13:19 -0800
Subject: Helix 0.6.2- Messages on startup
From: osgigeek@gmail.com
To: user@helix.apache.org

Hi guys,

So I finally got my setup done with states etc. But when I start the first node I see the
following messages

expected types: [CALLBACK, FINALIZE] but was INIT
I see this for /cluster/Controller, /cluster/INSTANCES/Instance/MESSAGES and several other
paths.
The other message I see isĀ
Cluster manager: first-node is not leader. Pipeline will not be invoked
Any ideas on what I am missing here?
Thanks,
Sandeep