helix-user mailing list archives

From Vu Nguyen <vusi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: helix rebalancing for multiple resources
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 08:14:51 GMT
The main issue is that we already have an infrastructure here for ZooKeeper
that has a separate mechanism for clients to discover the ZK server hosts.
 That's provided by our platform team.  So client applications don't
actually provide the ZooKeeper hosts at this point.  I likely could get
access to that information somehow, though.  However, I would prefer to
re-use what our platform team provides in case they make any modifications
to how hosts are discovered.

By using our platform libraries, we get a ZooKeeper client that's ready to
use directly.  I was thinking that we could get Helix to use this for any
ZooKeeper operations.  If we get disconnected from ZooKeeper, the discovery
mechanism would be re-used automatically for reconnecting without requiring
us to explicitly providing the hosts/ports.

Thanks

Vu