helix-user mailing list archives

From Kanak Biscuitwala <kana...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ZooKeeper fatjar depedency
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 23:56:32 GMT
zkclient is a thin wrapper on ZooKeeper, so the ZooKeeper jar is required. Typically, zkclient
brings in zookeeper-3.3.3 on its own, and we have been explicitly been bringing in zookeeper-3.3.4
to override that.

I don't think zookeeper is a fatjar though? I believe zookeeper only depends on log4j and
jline, which are brought in as dependencies on their own from what I see.

Kanak

> Subject: Re: ZooKeeper fatjar depedency
> From: porcelli@redhat.com
> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 15:27:31 -0200
> To: user@helix.incubator.apache.org
>
> I'll check and back to you with this info.
>
> ps: I thought that zk-client was enough.
>
> Regards,
> ---
> Alexandre Porcelli
> Principal Software Engineer
> Red Hat Business Systems and Intelligence Group
>
> On Dec 12, 2013, at 3:13 PM, kishore g <g.kishore@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> zookeeper.jar is mandatory, we need that to access zookeeper. What kind of security
issues do you see?

>> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Alexandre Porcelli <porcelli@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi Kishore,
>>
>> I meant the zookeeper.jar that helix core depends on (we have some security issues
with it) - so i'm wondering if it's possible to remove that dependency using exclusions in
my pom.