helix-user mailing list archives

From Vinayak Borkar <vinay...@gmail.com>
Subject Sending a message to all participants
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 01:58:53 GMT
Hi,

I need to send a message to all live instances in a Helix cluster. I set
the Criteria as follows:

Criteria allParticipantsCriteria = new Criteria();
allParticipantsCriteria.setInstanceName("%");
allParticipantsCriteria.setRecipientInstanceType(InstanceType.PARTICIPANT);
allParticipantsCriteria.setResource("");
allParticipantsCriteria.setPartition("");

However, the number of recipients turns out to be 0. I also tried
changing the datasource in the criteria to be IDEALSTATES using the code
below:

allParticipantsCriteria.setDataSource(DataSource.IDEALSTATES);

But no joy.

Please note that I connect to Helix using an administrator role. When
listing the live instances using the helix-admin client script I do see
one live instance.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Vinayak