helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Node.js Helix Participant
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:30:23 GMT
Hi Kevin,

This will be a great addition. We, at LinkedIn are also seeing the need to
have Helix Participant in other languages such as Python. Python already
has some good zk libraries. I am not sure if we have good zk libraries in
node.js/javascript (Patrick, might have some suggestions).

I think it will definitely help the community and we are interested in
python implementation.

The best way to approach this would be to first come up with a minimal spec
required for the participant. Currently things that participant does is

   - Create a ephemeral node under liveinstances when it starts
   - Listen to messages node for commands from the controller
   - Update the current state with the result of the command.

thanks,
Kishore G