helix-user mailing list archives

From Lance Co Ting Keh <la...@box.com>
Subject Re: calling admin.rebalance
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 16:36:08 GMT
Thanks for the response.

Yes, but I think there is a small caveat. Even in AUTO_REBALANCE mode,
rebalance must be called once in the very beginning before any mapping to
occur. This indicates how many replicas is necessary per resource. As in
the lock manager demo not calling rebalance on line 68 (
http://helix.incubator.apache.org/recipes/lock_manager.html) causes no
initial mapping to occur.

Sincerely,
Lance