helix-user mailing list archives

From Erwin Karbasi <er...@optinity.com>
Subject Re: Is zookeeper for Helix has standalone JAVA process?
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 07:34:06 GMT
I know that it's better that participants, controller and zookeeper will
have separate java processes but we have more then 40 boxes with app server
that we'd like to manage them with Helix Leader election and cannot add
more processes because each additional java process requires management
(monitoring, alarms, KPI, etc...), so we prefer to avoid the additional
java processes. We'll not manage to approve additional processes

Your insight would appreciated.

Thanks,
Erwin
On Jun 14, 2013 9:58 AM, "kishore g" <g.kishore@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Erwin,
>
> This is how I would setup your cluster. Allocate 3 boxes that only run
> zookeeper and Helix controller. Its better that they are two separate
> process. These boxes need not be powerful but isolating zookeeper and helix
> controller from actual server is a good deployment practice. See
> http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetupon how
to use zookeeper clustering ensemble.