helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Controller fault tolerance
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:48:37 GMT
Hi Kumar,

You can start multiple controllers and only one of them will be active and
rest of them will be in standby mode. If the active controller fails, one
of the standby will become active and start managing the cluster.

You can start the controllers either using command line or programmatically.

command line

./run-helix-controller.sh --zkSvr localhost:2199 --cluster <clustername>

using Helix api

controllerManager = HelixControllerMain.startHelixController(zkAddress,
          clusterName, "controller", HelixControllerMain.STANDALONE);

Hope this helps.

thanks,
Kishore G