helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is zookeeper for Helix has standalone JAVA process?
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 06:57:26 GMT
Hi Erwin,

This is how I would setup your cluster. Allocate 3 boxes that only run
zookeeper and Helix controller. Its better that they are two separate
process. These boxes need not be powerful but isolating zookeeper and helix
controller from actual server is a good deployment practice. See
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetupon
how to use zookeeper clustering ensemble.

Run the real servers on the rest of the boxes. Do not start zookeeper as
part of these processes, instead simply provide the zookeeper address
(zk1:port1,zk2:port2,zk3:port3) when you invoke Helix Api.

Thanks,
Kishore G