helix-user mailing list archives

From Lance Co Ting Keh <la...@box.com>
Subject Re: Controller fault tolerance
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 20:39:55 GMT
Hi Kishore,

I tried starting two controllers programmatically like you mentioned:

controllerManager = HelixControllerMain.startHelixController(zkAddress,
          clusterName, "controller", HelixControllerMain.STANDALONE);

I then called isLeader() on the both managers
(http://helix.incubator.apache.org/apidocs/reference/org/apache/helix/HelixManager.html#isLeader()).
and both of them returned true. They're obviously both on the same
zookeeper instance, and on the same cluster. The controllers are
running and so im not sure whether or not its actually leader electing
properly, or I'm misinterpreting the isLeader() function

Thanks
Lance