helix-user mailing list archives

From Erwin Karbasi <er...@optinity.com>
Subject Re: Leader election - Distributed lock manager
Date Sun, 12 May 2013 17:22:33 GMT
Hi Kapil,

Thank you for fast turnaround response.
You understand partially our requirement.
We don't want to know which server in the group B is the leader, we want
that the server A will send request to the group of servers of a group and
only one server from group B (that is the leader) will pick up the requests
and other server would be standby.
If the leader goes down other group's member will take the place of leader
and will get the requests.

Server A don't know which server from group B is the leader, thus server A
send requests to the group (concatenation of all group members
ip1:port1,ip2:port2,...,ipn:portn).

Erwin Karbasi
AT&T, Senior Software Architect