helix-user mailing list archives

From Erwin Karbasi <er...@optinity.com>
Subject Fwd: Leader election - Distributed lock manager
Date Sun, 12 May 2013 16:00:02 GMT
Hello Masters,

We'd like to use Helix for Leader Election mechanism.
Following our scenario:

We have one server (server A) that need to connect to group of other
servers (server B).
How server A can access the server B's group - cluster.

As I know from other cluster frameworks, we can concatenate multiple server
ip:port and the cluster will pass the requests to the leader process that
in the cluster.

How above scenario could be implemented by using Helix leader election
(Distributed lock manage) as demonstrated here:
http://helix.incubator.apache.org/recipes/lock_manager.html

Your insight would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erwin Karbasi <ek128b@att.com>
AT&T, Senior Software Architect