helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some newbie questions
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 18:20:10 GMT
Hi,

Which version of Helix are you using?.  I think you have not set the
Datasource for evaluating the criteria,

//Determine if use external view or ideal state as source of truth
public void setDataSource(DataSource source)

By default datasource is ExternalView. If the participant does not appear
in the EXTERNAL VIEW (either because its disabled or the only partition it
is hosting is disabled), then message wont be sent to that participant.

Ideally you want to set the source as IDEALSTATE/LIVEINSTANCES since you
simply want to send it all nodes. Can you try that ?

Thanks,
Kishore G